After months of earnest effort *drum roll please* we finally got our site off the ground! YAY! Phoebe & I have an official site for our business and you can check it out here: www.eightyfifthstreet.ca. You’d have to ask us what the name means (which took us months to come up with as well!).
We are constantly evolving and improving our skills, so please check the site often for new things. There’s a blog attached to it now; which means that I won’t be updating this blog often :( I will still try to post as much as I can…maybe random musings just to keep the page alive! With all that said…I’m moving onto a different topic….
This year I turn 25! It might not be such a milestone and I’m not much of a wishlist kind of person (except on Pinterest) but I thought it’d be cool to write out 25 things I would like to see happen/have in this 25th year of my life :)
*the numbers are arbitrary…I list them as I think about it….
- Ray Ban aviators (finally got contacts this year…).
- New camera (Nikon D800…I am waiting for you to be less of a rumour and more of a reality…yes, Nikon Rumours…I am talking to you).
- New lenses and other camera equipment (for the business… to go with the new camera of course…pro-body, pro-lens…’nuff said).
- New watch (another Nixon perhaps…what’s with me liking things that start with the letter N?).
- New boots (fall/winter boots).
- Our business to really flourish and have clients that we’ll keep for a long while :)
- New clothbound books.
- Great vacation :)
- Learn a ton of new things about life, photography, running a business etc.
- Spend more time with family and enjoy it.
- Drive to farther places.
- Help out. Give blood. Volunteer.
- Photograph a lovely wedding.
- **Wow thinking of 25 things…is hard**
- Learn to rest. Sabbath.
- Read more (A Song of Fire and Ice series…I will finish you…).
- Lose weight? (Hahaha…I think this is on every girl’s wishlist)
- To LOVE more with Christ’s love.
- **Good God…I need to think of 6 more…**
- Play the guitar more and sing more…(hey, I ain’t no Adele but as long as it’s in the comfort of my room…).
- Spend time with friends…get to know them a bit more. Invest in their lives a bit more.
- Learn to embrace my mistakes and flaws and improve my strengths!
- Go to a concert…or two.
- Listen better.
- Celebrate all the little things in life.
Houston, we have PROGRESS!
Phoebe and I are already working on our photography site. We’ve (more so Phoebe, she’s more code savvy) been browsing through hosts and domains and themes for awhile now and we’ve finally settled on something we can afford and satisfies our demands. Design wise it is satisfactory (beggars can’t be choosers type of thing but we can be picky…haha) but it serves its purpose so we can’t complain.
We’ll be giving out the name and url soon…hopefully soon :)
P.S. Want new camera…
Since it’s summer I decided to write a post about colours…but it’s more like the colourful things that have caught my eye. Anyway, aren’t they pretty!? Links are below if you want to peruse the respective sites they’re from.
These binders are perfect for work! You can see these at the printing boutique Micheline designed by Anagrama
As someone who studied art history I couldn’t have been more ecstatic when I saw these books! They’re pricey though…maybe as a gift on my birthday *wink wink*. These were designed by Phaidon.
Archie Grand notebooks. Pure colour love.
Kate’s Paperie notebooks and journals.
Very rarely will I post a topic unrelated to photography here but I make exceptions for things that I really like for example: watches.
I don’t know when I started wearing them constantly but part of me feels incomplete without them now. I don’t wear dainty women’s watches often (maybe once a year, to appease my mom) but I love wearing fairly large faced ones. Borrowing my dad’s gold Raymond Weil or his massive Seiko diving watch was the norm.
My first ever hard earned watch was a Nixon Men’s GTO (see photo below). It was and still is massive. It took me at least two months to save up for it with my meager part-time earnings in high-school.
I now have a few more watches. But that GTO will always be number one. Here’s what I love about the watches now:
I love the trend that has Braun reissuing their analog watches, which are very classy and timeless.
Nixon also came out with sleeker and cleaner, old-school design watches.
And then there’s this one which I am totally drooling over:
I have super watch envy right now…seriously.
Finally, I’m aiming to have at least one of these Uniform Ware watches…hopefully sooner than later…
I would like to do more of these types of photos. The pops of colour makes me happy.